LachLandcare Inc. employs five Landcare Coordinators to work across four regions (check our map to see where our Coordinators are working):
- Condobolin-Lake Cargelligo
The role of Landcare Coordinators is to increase the capacity of host organisations to:
- support and increase community engagement
- extend their coverage and provide support to more groups, networks and landholders
- undertake planning, develop partnerships and secure resourcing through project grants and other sources
- monitor, evaluate and report on their projects and activities
- improve financial sustainability and long-term viability by sourcing external funds
- effectively participate in natural resource management activities that address critical agricultural sustainability and environmental issues
- link to programs of Local Land Services and other Government agencies and organisations to develop on-ground natural resource management projects, in line with regional and state strategies.
To achieve these goals, our Coordinators are supported by Steering Committees within each region, with representation from Landcare organisations, community groups, and Local Land Services. Landcare Coordinators are also supported by a Community of Practice that has been established under the Local Landcare Coordinator Initiative (LLCI). The purpose of this Initiative is to enable the effective participation of voluntary, community-based groups and networks, landholders and the wider community in land management and natural resource management activities that manage and restore the natural environment, improve the sustainability of agricultural production and build the resilience of communities. The LLCI is funded by the NSW Government, and is supported through the partnership of Local Land Services and Landcare NSW.