Over the next twelve months, LachLandcare will be working hard on delivering a number of projects throughout the Lachlan Catchment, including:
Local Landcare Coordinator Initiative
- Support Local Landcare Coordinators to build the capacity of their host organisations;
- Support and increase community engagement in Landcare;
- Build partnerships and participate in communities of practice;
- Contribute to annual action planning and progress reporting;
- Strengthen social networks and capacity of Landcare to deliver sustainable land management.
Healthy Soil for Healthy Farms (National Landcare Program)
- Promote and deliver training courses on soil, grazing management and the development of property plans;
- Produce information kits for distribution at these training events and via the web
- Conduct soil tests at demonstration sites
- Promote soil management through online forums, printed material and podcasts.
Rebalancing a Vegetative Landscape
- Hold a number of awareness-raising events across the Catchment;
- Facilitate group training sessions;
- Support the uptake of sustainable farming practice change.